Pictured is my last meal before my 2nd attempt at the Paleo diet. Which I actually love! So I had to have Grinders! Sundays are two fer pizza night!
I work in a sit down at your desk all day long environment. It might not be taxing physically, but it does take a toll on you mentally.
What I have been working on is getting more steps in on a daily basis while at work.
On the first day of July, I did not do well at all. I only got in 3076 steps.
July 2nd, I did a little better. I doubled the number to 6232.
My goal is to achieve 10,000 steps a day.
Ways I am going to try to achieve this:
- Take a short 5 minute walking break every hour.
- During my 15 minute breaks, walk around the building.
- Take the stairs
- Take the long way to the bathroom
- Walk somewhere for lunch
What ways do you get steps into your day? I need more ideas!
I accomplished one of the goals on my list! I went and saw a movie by myself. The experience wasn’t bad.
Why going to the movies by yourself is the best:
- You can sit where you want to sit!
- You can watch what you want to watch!
- You don’t have to listen to anyone complain about the movie!
It might be difficult to go to the movies by yourself for a few reasons: The awkwardness of standing in line and buying one single ticket (solved! Automated ticket systems!) and thinking that other people notice you all by yourself (no one cares!).
I saw “The Fault in Our Stars”. I had read the book a couple of months ago. It’s sad, depressingly sad, but so well written.
The movie stayed pretty true to the book. It was glammed up a bit with the beautiful characters, but hey, that’s Hollywood. There were three major differences between the book and movie. Gus’ previous girlfriend had passed away of Brain cancer in the book. Previous girlfriend was not mentioned at all in the movie. In the book, after Hazel’s hospitalization, she is strapped to a machine at night to help her breathe. Not in the movie. The book describes Gus’ demise in the end. It’s pretty graphic and leads to more and more tears. The movie made his passing pretty quick. There are a few smaller changes, like the swing set. It sets up for the swing set screen, but doesn’t show it getting relocated. Also, Hazel’s appearance in the book is described as steroid puffy.
I enjoyed the book and the movie. I recommend both!
Things I want to Do:
- Indoor Skydiving
- Scuba Diving
- A Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Get a Tattoo
- Take a Zipline Ride through a forest
- Hike the Pacific Crest Trail
- Sleep in an ice hotel
- Meet someone famous
- Create my family tree
- Send someone an anonymous gift
- Give Blood
- Donate Clothing
- Build a house with Habitat for Humanity
- Start a Charity
- Do a Charity Walk/Run
- Have a Homemade Christmas
- Make soaps/candles/lotions
- Get a Master’s Degree in American History
- Have my Palm read
- Buy a Home
- Write a Cookbook
- Participate in a Pub Crawl
- Go to the Movies by myself
- Throw a Themed Party
- Complete a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle
- Learn Archery
- Visit a ghost Town
- Visit the Crater of Diamonds State Park
- Midnight Picnic
- Tour the Waverly Hills Sanatorium
- Be Debt Free in 10 Years
- Tour a Lighthouse
- Start a savings jar
- Participate in a Triathlon
- Apply to Be on the Amazing Race
- Climb a Mountain
- Achieve my ideal weight
- Mardi Gras
- Chase a Tornado
- Visit all 7 Continents
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Disney World Vacation
- Get a 1000 Followers on Pinterest
- Prepare my Will
- Memorize the Periodic Table of Elements
- Become a World Traveler
- Hold a Backbend
- Become a size 8
- Complete 90 days of p90x3
- Complete the Warrior Dash in under an hour
- Do Yoga once a week for 6 months
- Do 10 random acts of kindness
- Create and complete a 30 day photo challenge
- Adopt a Family at Christmas
- Alaska Cruise
- Explore Pripyat
- Score Points in the MADE Nationals Tournament
- Burning Man
- Get lost in Ireland
- See the Northern Lights
I think I am going to make this a continual list and mark them off and put new things on here that I want to do.
Saturday night, I was able to guest skate for the Jesse Janes of the Blacksnake Roller Girls. I had a great time playing. The team I played for lost…lost big time. I believe I played well, I got lots of blocking in and scored points! I’m starting not to be afraid to take those panties! Mind over matter! I can do anything I put my mind to.
Playing with another team was a lot different. I didn’t know how any of the girls played and we only had 9 on our team. We were out there two or three times in a row. It was great endurance practice.
I would gladly skate with those ladies again. They all had lots of heart and dedication to the sport.